Vitamin PP (vitamin B3, niacin, nicotinic acid) plays a crucial function in the body– it is accountable for the appropriate performance of the brain, the peripheral anxious system, and the structure of sex hormonal agents. On the other hand, researchers from the Federal University of Technology in Lausanne (Switzerland) have actually revealed that vitamin PP can … boost confidence. What else does vitamin PP assistance? What? What are the signs of niacin shortage? What items consist of nicotinic acid?
- Vitamin PP– what does it perform in the body? Characterization of vitamin B3
- Vitamin PP– signs and impacts of shortage
- Vitamin PP– signs and negative effects
- Vitamin PP– discovered in what items? Sources of vitamin B3
- Vitamin PP– dosage. Recommended Daily Intake (RDA)
The requirement for minerals and vitamins
Vitamin PP– what does it carry out in the body? Characterization of vitamin B3
In itamine PP( vitamin B3, niacin, nicotinic acid) is a vitamin from group B.
Vitamin PP plays a crucial function in the body.
The most crucial homes of vitamin B3:
- it is very important for the appropriate performance of the brain and peripheral anxious system.
- takes part in the synthesis of sex hormonal agents, cortisol, thyroxine and insulin. ¹
- enhances the capability of immune cells to eliminate germs Staphylococcus aureus(Staphylococcus aureus). Vitamins increase the variety of neutrophils– leukocyte that can eliminate and take in hazardous germs.
- it can increase confidence by increasing the activity of mitochondria in the nucleus accumbens– the location of the brain accountable for feeling great.
Vitamin PP– signs and impacts of shortage
Deficiency of niacin in the body can cause the advancement of pellagra– an illness whose signs are:
- inflammation and roughness of the skin in locations exposed to sunshine, contusions and pressure
- burst blisters on sores
- staining (brown areas) particularly on the arms, neck and face, peeling of the skin.
- swelling of the mouth and tongue
- problems with the gastrointestinal system and trigger diarrhea
- neuritis, nerve system problems along with psychological problems.
What? Do you understand vitamin B?
Vitamin PP– signs and adverse effects
Excess vitamin B3 increases insulin resistance in grownups at high threat of establishing insulin-dependent diabetes. In addition, niacin overdose triggers liver necrosis, heart arrhythmias and skin problems.
Vitamin PP– discovered in what items? Sources of vitamin B3
Niacin (Vitamin PP) is discovered in big amounts in meat and meat items, specifically in chicken and pork, and in the liver. Amongst plant items, unique attention must be paid to grain items and potatoes. Niacin is discovered in food in the kind of nicotinic acid and its amide.
Nicotinic acid is discovered in higher amounts in animal items, and nicotine in plant items. It ought to be kept in mind that niacin can be formed in the body from tryptophan included in the item (60 mg of tryplophan supplies 1 mg of niacin).
|Niacin material in 100 g||Foods|
|Less than 0.10 mg||processed and grown cheese, kefir, cream, chicken eggs|
|0.10– 0.50 mg||milk, yogurt, home cheese, Wrocław wheat flour, corn flakes, fruits (apples, oranges, strawberries), veggies (white cabbage, onions, carrots)|
|0.50– 1.00 mg||bread (blended bread, rye bread, wheat rolls, pumpernickel), pasta, semolina, white rice, oatmeal, fruit (banana, kiwi, avocado), veggies (broccoli, Brussels sprouts)|
|1.00– 5.00 mg||potatoes, graham bread, buckwheat and barley veggies, wild rice, white beans, tomatoes, fish (pollock, cod, herring), turkey breast meat.|
|5.00-1000 mg||Sopot tenderloin, chicken, pork, turkey, fish (salmon, smoked mackerel), wheat bacterium, wheat bran.|
|More than 10 mg||chicken breast meat and lean meat, chicken liver, beef and pork, nuts|
” Vitamins”, joint work modified by prof. Jan Gawęcki, Olympiad Library of Knowledge on Nutrition, Volume 5, Department of Human Nutrition Hygiene, Poznań 2000
Vitamin PP– dosage. Recommended Daily Intake (RDA)
- kids: from 1 to 3 years of ages– 6 mg; from the age of 4 to 6– 8 mg; from the age of 7 to 9– 12 mg
- kids: from 10 to 12 years of ages– 12 mg; from the age of 13 to 18– 16 mg
- women– from 10 to 12 years of ages– 12 mg; from the age of 13 to 18– 14 mg
- guys: 16 mg
- ladies: 14 mg
- pregnant ladies: 18 mg
- nursing females– 17 mg
Source: Nutrition Standards for the Polish population– modification, Institute of Food and Nutrition, Warsaw 2012